A WHOLE-ISTIC APPROACH TO THE PRACTICE OF LAW
The Association of Mother Immigration Attorneys, AMIGA, is a celebration of our whole selves: from mother to lawyer and everything in between. We believe that we do not have to leave one part of our identity behind in order to take on another. Instead, we focus on our “whole-istic” selves, which is comprised of our passion for our children, motherhood, immigration law, and our businesses. The goal of AMIGA is to lift up fellow mothers and immigration attorneys, to support them in their quest for work/life balance, to find meaning in each day, and to provide the support that they need in preparing winning cases and thriving businesses.
We provide coaching, classes, and digital resources to bring value to members’ lives personally and professionally.
Follow us on social media @AmigaLawyers and #AMIGALawyers.
About Our Founder, Ally Lozano, Esq.
Alexandra "Ally" Lozano is the founder of AMIGA Lawyers, the Association of Mother Immigration Attorneys, and the founding partner of Alexandra Kennedy Immigration Law. After becoming a mother, and in a matter of 3 months, Ally transformed her practice from earning in pesos to earning 6-figures and she is passionate about teaching attorneys how they can do the same. Ally empowers lawyers to be the CEOs of their law firms with her weekly blog, webinars, and conferences where she teaches step-by-step how to do the work they love while running a profitable legal business. Ally lives outside of Seattle with her partner and their 5 children.
- 2016 AILA Sam Williamson Mentor Award Recipient
- 2017 Outstanding Recent Alumni Award Recipient
- Hosted the first ever conference for women immigration attorneys, Women, Power, and Money, in June 2016
- Judicial Clerkship Intern at the Executive Office for Immigration Review, Seattle, Washington
- Founding Partner of Alexandra Kennedy Immigration Law, PLLC
- Argued before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Former Executive Committee Member of AILA Washington
- 2017 Facebook Live Show, 6 Minute CEO™
AS SEEN IN:
Host of Facebook Live Show, Mi Abogada Dice™
WSBA Solo and Small Practice Section
- Topic: Be the CEO of Your Law Firm
- May 2016
Seattle, WA- AILA WA Chapter CLE
- Be the CEO of your Law firm
- August 2016
Denver, Colorado- 5th Annual Rocky Mountain Immigration Law Conference
- Panel: Growing your Practice effective marketing and business development
- topic: social media
- October 2016
San Francisco, California- 29th Annual AILA CA Chapter CLE Conference
- Panel: Ethics and Social Media
- Topic: Facebook for Immigration Attorneys
- November 2016
Lake Buena Vista, Florida- AILA Solo & Small Firm Practice
- Panel: Successful marketing in Today's ever changing world
- Topic: Holistic Lawyering
- December 2016